Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What Does Thanksgiving Mean to You?

So... it's Thanksgiving morning and the daylight peers through the shade. What do you do? Turn over and thank God that it wasn't an alarm clock that woke you up; catch another hour's worth of zzzzzz's; jump up quickly and turn on the parades; make a b-line to the kitchen to start the feast; go look for a neighborhood game of two hand tag? The possibilities are endless!

All of those things sound like viable options but let me encourage you to do one thing before you actually make your choice... praise the Lord for the chance you've been given to make the choice.

If you turn over to sleep a bit more it's because we live in a country that is free and there are those who are fighting today to make you feel safe. If you spring out of bed for anything it's because God has given you health. If your destination is the kitchen it's because there is food in the cupboards to prepare (Many will go hungry over Thanksgiving). Whatever you are able to do today, tomorrow and every other day... make sure you never take for granted how blessed you are to have the opportunity to do it.

Take the time and leave your comments about Thanksgiving! Let the world know what you're thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so very thankful for my children, my husband, my family, the changes in my life that have made me grow and change, those with whom I have developed true and lasting relationships, that I have the opportunity to worship at a church with people who have learned the hard way that forgiveness and grace not only strengthen and bring joy to those upon whom they are bestowed - but to the giver as well. I am thankful for second, third, and tenth chances for anything...being a better human, a better friend, a better woman of God...I am thankful for a Maker who knew how flawed I would be when He decided to create me - and gave me my breath - as well as His blood - anyway...

Beth
(who does not have a Google acount to sign in with!)

Happy Thanksgiving!