Monday, October 26, 2009

Trials

Nobody likes them, they are not fun, they bring us down and they cause confusion. SO... why does God allow them? I mean He does love us right? Is He trying to get us so sick of this life that we fall more in love with the next one? Is it one of His ways of keeping us humble? I mean, His word does say that He resists the proud but gives grace to those who are humble... right?

I have my very own thoughts about the trials that are allowed to invade our lives and I believe, if we stop and try to understand their purposes, that we will begin to walk above the trials instead of being tread upon by them. Now I said that these thoughts are my very own but the truth is... these thoughts were written ages ago.

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2-3 (NKJV)

Your trial will demand a reaction from you and you and you alone can control what it will be. You can throw your hands in the air and quit or lower your head and trudge forward with excitement trusting that God's word is valid. You can despise your trial or embrace it knowing that God has given you the opportunity to come forth as pure gold...

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:4

Here's the truth... too often we fix our eyes on others and the way they are reacting in regards to trial and we follow suit. My advice would be to fix your eyes upon Jesus and go with His plan.

God's up to something in the life of His children. If we believe it and watch for it we won't miss it. If we keep our eyes on self the train of blessing will just pass us by!

No comments: